Are you thinking of taking a trip to France by car and don't know where to start? Is that all the roads of this beautiful country are wonderful! Travel listening to Charles Aznavour or Carla Bruni, eating a baguette or croissant (be careful if you are driving) and enjoy the best 5 routes in France to do by car.
When we think about taking a car trip through France rural roads and small towns come to our imagination, lost on the map and where nature is the protagonist. And that is exactly what you will find on your journey!
Feel free to stop for a typical picnic That of course includes French wine, although you should avoid it if you are the one who drives, and keep moving along one of these incredible routes ... Oh là là! C'est incroyable!
1. From Montpellier to NiceMontecarlo - S-F
You can choose two routes to reach your destination. The first alternative is through Provence and the other always with the coast as a company. What a difficult choice! Since the journey is something extensive to do only in one day, choose to sleep in Arles and Marseille.
Unmissable Places on this route:
- Aigues-Mortes: it is a walled town facing the sea.
- Camargues: with extensive vineyards and home to some famous wild horses.
- Aix-en-Province: perfect to enjoy a few hours of beach.
- Cassis: you can't stop trying its liquor and the beautiful city.
- St.Tropez and Cannes: not only for movie lovers, but also for party and glamor.
- Monte Carlo: your great casino is a must!
- Grasse: it is the world capital of perfume. Do not wait for the duty free airport!
2. From Avignon to ProvenceAvignon - Bertl123
Would you like to go to know the famous bridge of the children's song that you will surely have sung to exhaustion? This is your route then. A lot of adventures, landscapes and outstanding villages await you in the south of France:
- Arles, Avignon and Salon de Provence: this spectacular triangle has many vineyards that you can walk on foot.
- Pont Du Gard: an ideal place for a picnic and to stroll through the facilities of a large park.
- Les-Baux-de-Provence: between Arles and Avignon, a beautiful village on top of a hill.
- Orange: marvel at the beautiful lavender plantations and enjoy its aroma!
3. From Bricks to Booze and BeachesLourdes - Oscity
This road trip covers the southwest part of the country. There you can go through important places such as Toulousse, Bordeaux and Biarritz. Also do not miss:
- Cote d'argent: it is the longest beach in Europe and popular with surfers.
- Lourdes: destiny chosen by the devotees of the Virgin, who made almost 20 appearances to Bernadette Soubirpous.
4. From Paris to Chartres, Le Mans, Rennes, Caen and RouenRouen - LIUDMILA ERMOLENKO
And back to the French capital! Are you looking for a truly unforgettable trip along the routes of this beautiful country? Then this is one of the best options at your disposal. Rent a car in Paris, go through beautiful landscapes and learn about culture and history:
- Chartres: the St. Aignan Cathedral and Church are the must-see. Do not forget to eat a typical meatloaf.
- Le Mans: known for being the headquarters of the French Grand Prix. Go for a tour of the Circuit de la Sarthe!
- Rennes: with its houses made of wood, a beautiful postcard of a spectacular trip.
- They fall: the beaches of Normandy and the Monument to the Fallen in Caen are part of the main attractions.
- Rouen: with its cathedral painted nothing less than Monet and near the River Seine. Special to finish a magical tour.
«I am talking about a time that those under twenty cannot know. At that time Montmartre picked up his lilacs just under our windows. »
-Fragment of «La Bohéme» by Charles Aznavour-
5. From the Alps to the Côte d'AzurCannes - Kiev.Victor
It is the same route that Napoleon Bonaparte followed in 1815 when he was returning from Elba Island. It has an extension of 325 kilometers and you can discover more than beautiful villages, in addition to a part of the history of France. Some of the “must” stops are:
- La mure
- St. Vallier de Thiey
Have you already prepared the GPS and the travel kit? Do not hesitate to follow any of these beautiful routes to cross France by car. You will enjoy incredible landscapes and cities full of history.